Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Latest News 1/18/11

Waltzing Dervish for Wind (powered) Ensemble will be premiered by the University of Colorado Wind Symphony under the direction of Ingrid Larragoity in Macky Auditorium on the CU campus in Boulder, CO on  Friday, February 4, 2011.

My recently completed Sonata No. 1 for Violin and Piano will be premiered in Boston, MA by the Juventas New Music Ensemble on their "Juventas Jam" concert on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 8pm in Seully Hall at the Boston Conservatory.  It will then be performed again in a repeat performance on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 7pm at the Ryles Jazz Club in Cambridge, MA.

Then, on April 30, 2011 The Playground Ensemble will be giving the piece its Colorado premiere on their annual Colorado Composers Concert at the King Center on the Auraria Campus in Denver, CO. 

On February 23, my Two Symmetries for Disklavier is scheduled to be premiered on the CU Pendulum New Music Series concert in the Atlas Blackbox Theatre on the campus of CU.

During March 3-5, I'll be travelling to the 2011 Tutti New Music Festival at Denison University to perform my Five Preludes for Piano at the festival.

A new studio recording of my Duo for Clarinet and Cello (both movements) is now available for streaming on my Instant Encore website thanks to my friends Antje Hoffmann (clarinet) and Magdalena Watcher (cello) who have performed the piece several times around Leipzig, Germany.

You can also now view a video of my performance of Prelude No. 3 (Homage to Nancarrow) at the Boulder Public Library from last March on my Instant Encore Website or directly on Youtube.

No comments: