Friday, March 16, 2012

Kickstarter Project Launched!

Please note: I have created a new website. All content that used to be on this site (Bio, Compositions and Recordings, Upcoming Performances, Promo Kit, Writings, Contact Info) has now moved to http://keanesouthard.instantencore.com.  This website (www.keanesouthard.blogspot.com), which has always technically been a blog but has been manipulated to look like a regular website, is now an actual blog about my activities as a composer and pianist.

I arrived at the Kimmel Harding Nelson Center in Nebraska City, NE on Monday for my 7-week residency, and my first goal was to get this Kickstarter fundraising project launched for my new Piano Concerto, which I did on Wednesday after changing some things about the design based on feedback from Barbara Jones and some others at the Sounds of Stow and setting it up so the donations go to their organization's account.  But now we are rolling!  Two days into it, we are already 20% of the way to our goal.  Check out the video below to learn more about the project:



Pledging is easy, it is all done online with a credit card and only takes a minute, and depending on how much you pledge, you can receive cool rewards, such as an mp3 recording of the Piano Concerto as recorded at the premiere, a CD of the concert, autographed by me, with the premiere of the Piano Concerto on it, 2 tickets to the premiere, a bound and autographed hard-copy score of the Piano Concerto, and, if you contribute enough, I will come perform a private solo piano recital for you and your friends! All pledges are also tax-deductible (the Sounds of Stow is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.)  Click here to visit the project page to pledge.  Thank you!

No comments: