Thursday, March 4, 2010

Latest News 3/4/10

"A Day of Sunshine" for Chorus and Orchestra was premiered last weekend (Feb 27 and 28) in two concerts by the Longfellow Chorus and Orchestra in Portland, ME, and was awarded first prize in their Composition Competition.  An excerpt from my work can be heard here and click here to read a review of the concert.  I would like to thank Charles Kaufmann, director of the chorus, and all the performers and people from Portland that were so kind and welcoming to me on my trip for this amazing opportunity and experience.

I am currently working on my first film score, for the 1920's style silent horror film Glava, written and directed by Nicholas Bernhard.  The score is for piano and string quartet and the film is scheduled for release on April 9th, 2010.

I am also working on a set of waltzes for Wind Ensemble called Waltzing Dervish which I plan to complete by the end of the month.

Tonight (3/4/10) I am performing my Prelude No. 3 (Homage to Nancarrow) for piano at the University of Colorado-Boulder College of Music Merrill Lynch event, and I will also be performing the same work on 3/7/2010 at 2pm in the Pendulum New Music Series "Concert in Motion: A Musical Workshop" at the Boulder Public Library.

No comments: