Sunday, October 4, 2009

Latest News 10/4/09

Yesterday my String Quartet No. 1 was presented in a masterclass at CU-Boulder with the Kronos Quartet by violinists Amanda Ramey and Carrol Lee, violist Stephanie Mientka, and cellist Mathieu D'Ordine.  I'm planning on revising the work soon in order to have the entire work performed by the group later on this academic year.

I found out last week that I've received a travel grant from the university to travel to Portland, ME for the premiere of my A Day of Sunshine for Chorus and Orchestra by the Longfellow Chorus and Orchestra in February as a finalist in their cantata competition.  My work on the piece is coming along nicely and I'm extremely excited for this opportunity.

I'm also nearly finished on my Prelude No. 5 for Piano Solo.  After it is completed, I'm planning on performing the first five preludes as a set later on this academic year. 

No comments: